Kolibrí Festival invites all the artists, educators, creative people, cultural activists, and associations interested in participating in the Autumn 2018 edition. This year we will commemorate the centenary of the publication of the book “Cuentos de la Selva” (Jungle tales) by Horacio Quiroga. We will celebrate the fantasy in the artistic creation and the fantastic force of nature: its seeds. We welcome all the disciplines to interpret them: literature, graphics, architecture, music, dance, theater, mime, circus, among others.
The call for proposals will be open from February 12th to March 5th 2018.
The call is for:
- ‘Non-stop’ art/entertainment workshops (3-hour long) under the format: adult + child. The workshops are open to any artistic discipline, science, architecture, literature, and other artistic expressions, using new or old technologies that would foster the fantasy creation, experimentation and awareness of different issues related to multiculturalism.
- Art and entertainment workshops (45-minute long) for every age group, for children accompanied by an adult. The workshops are open to any artistic discipline, science, architecture, literature and other artistic expressions, using new or old technologies that would foster the fantasy creation, experimentation and and awareness of different issues related to multiculturalism.
- Performances, installations and concerts suitable for every age in various artistic disciplines (minimum 45-minute long).
The dates for the Autumn edition are:
- Helsinki: Sunday October 7th in Malmitalo, 11:00-17:00.
- Espoo: Saturday October 6th Iso Omena Library, 11:00-17:00
- Kolibrí is aimed to all the families (love in all its ways), considering ages groups from pregnant mothers, babies and children up to 12 years old.
- All the workshops and performances must be aimed for children together with their families.
- The age groups will be: 0 – 1.5 years old, 1 – 3 years old, 3 – 5 years old, 6 – 8 years old, 8 – 10 years old, and 10 – 12. Children under 6 years old must always be accompanied by an adult.
- The payment for the workshops will be of 50€ per hour.
- The cost of materials and technique in the shows may be covered by the festival, depending on its cost and the available resources.
- Kolibrí reserves the right to cover transportation costs and travel expenses.
- We will give special attention to workshops for pregnant women and the inclusion of grandparents.
- The selected workshops, with no exception, must offer multilingual possibilities. The artists can give the workshops in Spanish and/or Portuguese, together with English, Finnish and/or Swedish. Other languages are welcome too. Except for storytelling and concerts.
- It is compulsory for the proposal to have a strong link with the theme of the year.
- The use of new and old technologies is welcome.
- Realistic budget.
- Each proposal must include a brief answer to the questions: how is this idea relevant to Kolibrí Festivaali 2018?
- Special consideration will be given to the artists who are members of the Kulttuurikeskus Ninho ry Association, as well as associations and cooperatives of artists or similar that have a mutual cooperation plan.
The selection of proposals depends on the criteria indicated as well as on the availability of resources granted by different institutions.
Without exception, the proposals must be submitted online via the following link: https://form.jotformeu.com/80335672211348, no later than March 5th, 2018 at midnight. The registration form is in English but it could also be done in Spanish, English or Portuguese.
The aspects to be detailed in the proposal are:
- Name of the proposal and type of activity.
- Age group the proposal is aimed to.
- Duration (45 minutes or 135 minutes).
- Number of participants (child+adult) for workshop.
- Broad description of the structure of the proposal (opening, development and closure).
- Explain why the activity is relevant to Kolibrí Festival.
- Detailed explanation of materials needed (type and quantity).
- Detailed explanation of technical resources needed (audio, illumination, etc.)
- Budget, including real cost of the materials and the artist’s salaries (50eur/45 min workshop). Please indicate if there’s any sponsorship from any institution. (PDF File)
- Desirable payment mode (Vero Kortti or invoice).
- Finnish bank account number.
- Contact information (Name, email address, telephone number, website, facebook page, Instagram account).
- A brief overview of the artist’s background.
- Description of the artist’s motivation to be part of Kolibrí Festivaali.
In addition, without exception, it is necessary to attach the following documents to the proposal:
- CV of the artist(s) in Spanish, Portuguese, English or Finnish in pdf format.
- Individual or group photography, in jpg format, landscape, min.1200 pix wide that can be used to advertise the activity in the Kolibrí social networks.
- Shows, concerts, plays, any kind of performances must include a link to a video presenting aspects of the proposal.
- It is also recommended to include photographs, videos or any other support material that serves to illustrate the proposal.
All information is confidential and of exclusive use for this selection. The photos as well as the opinions about Kolibrí will be used in the promotion of the Festival through their social media.
On March 31st a first draft of the selected artists will be published. Once the funding is received, the final list of artists participating in the Autumn edition will be published and a date for the contract signing will be set.
The results will be final and unappealable.
For more information contact kolibrifestivaali(at)gmail.com