Kolibri Festivaali invites all the artists interested in participating in the Spring and Autumn 2017 editions. The call is open from December 15th till January 17th 2017. We are calling for:
- ‘Non-stop’ art/entertainment workshops (3 hours long) for every age group.
- 45 minute workshops by age group.
- Various artistic performances, for every age group, 45 minutes long.
- Photographic, artistic or any kind of exhibition that presents an interest for the whole family and promotes the richness of multiculturality from the perspective of childhood.
- Presentations of children’s books by Iberoamerican writers/illustrators or books by nordic authors translated into Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- New topics for seminars for families: bilingualism, multiculturalism, global education and childhood.
In 2017 Kolibri will celebrate the Centennial of Finland’s independence and its 100 years of friendship with the World from the perspective of multicultural childhood.
Ther dates for the spring edition are:
- Saturday June 10th in Caisa International Cultural Centre, from 10:00 till 17:00. We will celebrate Helsinki-päivä from the multiculturalism.
- Saturday June 17th in the Entresse library in Espoo, from 11:00 till 17:00.
The dates for the autumn edition will be announced in March.
- Kolibrí is aimed to all the families (love in all its ways), considering ages groups from pregnant mothers, babies and children up to 12 years old.
- All the workshops and performances must be aimed for children together with their families.
- The age groups will be: 0-1.5 years old, 1-3 years old, 3- 5 years old, 6-8 years old, 8-10 years old, and 10-12. Children under 6 years old must always be accompanied by an adult.
- We will give special attention to workshops for pregnant woman and the inclusion of grandparents.
- The selected workshops, with no exception, must offer multilingual possibilities. The artists can give the workshops in Spanish and/or Portuguese, together with English, Finnish and/or Swedish. Other languages are welcome too.
- It is compulsory for the proposal to have a strong link with the theme of the year.
- The use of new and old technologies is welcome.
- Each proposal must include a brief answer to the questions: how is this relevant to Kolibri festivaali?
- Kolibri Festivaali does not have its own funds and the entrance to all activities is free. Therefore, the selection of proposals will depend on the resources granted by different institutions.
- The payment for the workshops will be of 50€ per hour.
- All the materials needed for the performances and workshops will be covered by the festival.
- Kolibri reserves its right to cover travel expenses.
With no exception, all the proposals must be presented online through the following link: https://form.jotformeu.com/63341737788367 , no later than January the 17th at midnight.
The information to be sent is the following:
- Name of the proposal.
- Age group the proposal is aimed to.
- Duration (45 minutes or 135 minutes).
- Number of participants (child+adult) for workshop.
- Broad description of the structure of the proposal (opening, development and closure).
- Explain why the activity is relevant to Kolibri Festival.
- Detailed explanation of necessary materials (type and quantity).
- Detailed explanation of necessary technical resources (audio, illumination, etc.)
- Budget, including real cost of the materials and the artist’s salaries (50eur/45 min workshop). Please indicate if there’s any sponsorship from any institution. (PDF File)
- Payment (Vero Kortti or invoice).
- Finnish bank account number.
- Contact information (Name, email address, telephone number, website, facebook page, Instagram account).
- A brief overview of the artist’s background.
- Description of the artist’s motivation to be part of Kolibri Festivaali.
In addition, proposals must include the following documents (without exception):
- Artist’s resume in Spanish, Portuguese, English and/or Finnish, in pdf format.
- Individual or group photo (according to each case), in jpg format.
- It is also recommended to include photos or any other supporting material that illustrates the proposal.
On January 31st a first draft of the selected artists will be published. Once the funding is received, the final list of artists participating in the spring edition will be published.
The results will be final and unappealable.
For more information contact kolibrifestivaali(at)gmail.com